Nothing gets us quite as excited as a hotly anticipated new film, and Star Wars: The Last Jedi has to be the hottest yet. The latest instalment in the Star Wars™ franchise continues on from the 2015 film Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and tells the story of Rey’s first steps in to the Jedi world. Fans will be joining Rey, Luke Skywalker, Leia, Finn and Poe as they unlock the mysteries of the Force and the secrets of the past.
But what can we expect?
Well, people are keeping pretty schtum about the film overall. The trailer caused quite a stir, with fans speculating that Luke Skywalker might be the bad guy, but true to Lucasfilm and Disney tradition, there are no spoilers allowed. However, Total Film has described it as “an excellent middle chapter bursting with wit, wisdom, emotion, shocks, old-fashioned derring-do, state-of-the-art tech, and stonking set-pieces” whilst The Guardian announced that “It’s impossible not to be swept away.”
So, in honour of the new film, here are a few Star Wars: The Last Jedi facts to whet your appetite:
- Carrie Fisher helped re-write the script with director Rian Johnson
- This is the longest film from the entire franchise – running in at two and a half hours!
- The majority of filming took place in Ireland, Croatia and England’s Pinewood Studios
- The latest Star Wars creature – the Porgs – were inspired by the Puffins that inhabit Skellig Michael, one of the film locations
- Celebrity cameos include the Princes William and Harry, Tom Hardy and Gary Barlow!
See you at the cinema!